(Extended) Family crisis? Emphatic check.
Hurt feelings? (mine, over something silly) Check.
Troubling work issues? Check.
Sprained hamstring forcing me to give up my precious heels? Check.
Small child who has refused to sleep for two (!) nights in a row
because of the #$%^&* rainstorms? Check.
Blown Plumbing Gasket-y thing? Check - Oh no, wait, that was last week.
AND WE ARE OUT OF WINE.
Two Mondays ago I came into work to find waterlogged ceiling panels strewn across my desk. Shortly followed by a day of huffing mildew. This past Saturday I was - wait for it - at work when Matt called to announce a pipe or something had broken in the upstairs bath and the light fixtures were dripping. Things seem to have gone downhill from there.
Today is the type of day to remember the important stuff. Like bathtub art.
Oh, look! It's a water theme!
And sweet girls
And sweet boys
And missing teeth
[Tooth Fairy Inflation: What happens at 5am when you realize you fell
asleep without running up to the gas station for change]
And grown up boys
And family trips to the zoo.
|The Girl with her Aunt & Uncle.|
Six other random good things:
- I didn't get a ticket tonight driving home at 70 with the cop behind me. 70 in MO is like 85 in SoCal. Maybe 90. I never got a ticket going 80mph in SoCal. Here? I'm passing 94% of traffic at 70 and got pulled over once going 72.
- Matt is secretively planning a weekend away. I'm not supposed to know about it. He's good people.
- When my brother & his wife came to visit they brought home-cured salmon. YUM.
- I played "zaniest" in WWF for 81 points. Heh.
- When The Girl fell this weekend and cut her lip open she didn't need stitches, and when something small and fanged left a bunch of huge angry welts on the The Boy they were better by this morning - which I knew because I'd marked the edges with Sharpie (that would be spelled p.a.r.a.n.o.i.d.).
- The flood resulting from the broken thinga-ma-bob dried more or less without ruining anything. Or so the professional insurance guy says. If I start getting unaccountably cheerful, it's probably because I'm huffing mildew.