(not my picture but my screen shot had too much work stuff on it.
Not that I was on FB during work hours, or anything)
- Matt is Catholic and The Boy goes to Catholic school. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this but he’s getting a good education… and will be confirmed tomorrow. There will be cake.
- There is a special place in hell for the people who decided those felt communion banners should be “family projects.”
- The news is so heartbreaking – that little boy in Boston with his felt communion banner. I just can’t…
- This is completely inane, but do you remember the movie the Peacemaker? It’s a popcorn action flick but I still remember this line: …there are people out there who don't care about money, who don't give a damn about respect. People who believe the killing of innocent men and women is justified. For them it is about rage, frustration, hatred... they feel pain and they're determined to share it with the world.
- I’ve been trying to take better care of myself. Right now that means I’ve been using my cheap wrinkle cream every night. Such an indulgence. Isn’t vanity a sin? I bet The Boy knows.
- A while back my MIL gave me her fancy Mix Master with the bread kneading attachment thingy and I’ve become a little obsessed with making bread – French bread, regular white bread, focaccia with pesto and parmesan …. mmmm.
- I was ready-ish to run a half marathon last month but it was cancelled due to blizzard and I think I’ve put on my shoes exactly twice since. So much for taking care of myself. And I’ve been eating a lot of bread. Maybe my problem is a lack of vanity (& self respect & self control)? But in some dark & twisted way this meme has me newly motivated and I think I’m going to finally sign up for a full 26.2 miler. Fuck ALL the bullies. I was toying with the idea of running one to celebrate my 40th year but… um…. Anyway, if I run the local fall race I’ll only be 3 months late. Wish me luck!