Thursday, May 1, 2014

Conversations with My Children, Part I

While negotiating his new-found love of cooking, particularly pies - fruit pies, which has turned into a rather expensive interest, since until very recently things were decidedly Not In Season:
The Boy:  We could plant some blueberry bushes.
Me:  Yes, that would be cool.  
The Boy:  And raspberry bushes, and an apple and peach tree too.
Me:  We could even get a couple chickens.  Home grown eggs are supposed to be way better than the grocery store ones. 
The Boy:  WE COULD GET A COW AND HAVE FRESH MILK AND WHIPPED CREAM ALL THE TIME, AND I COULD MAKE ICE CREAM AND HOMEMADE BUTTER.  WE SHOULD MOVE TO A FARM!!!  CAN WE MOVE TO A FARM?  LET'S MOVE TO A FARM!  
Me, thinking quietly to myself:  ((Or I could just shut up, buy you the $16 bag of frozen blueberries, and be grateful I don't have to milk them)).
Keep in mind this child is the spawn of me, queen of the PB&J, and someone who doesn't trust food that isn't salted, wrapped in plastic, frozen, and requires microwaving.  I cannot explain it.

Nature Boy. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I would like to have some chickens. . . until I have to clean the coop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. has he read Farmer Boy? He'd probably like all the Little House books, but Farmer Boy in particular.

    ReplyDelete