Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, Monday

We had a lovely low key weekend - Matt returned from a 5 day business trip (!), which we survived without any ER visits, all family meals involved fresh produce, which is my new minimalistic parenting goal, and I binge watched Orange is the New Black while folding 354 loads of laundry.  I am happy to have neither committed any felonies, nor to have grown up in foster care.  Perspective, yo.


Other things that are making me happy:

  • I ran 2.5 miles on Friday & another 2 this morning.
  • It finally cooled off, making my morning runs less sauna-like, and more crisp fall, damn-I'm-glad-to-be-alive-like. 
  • That self congratulatory feeling I get when I get my ass out of bed and go running before work. 
  • The Boy and his friend finally tired of Minecraft during Saturday's sleepover… and pulled out a chess set.
  • Bedtime stories and sibling pix.


Things I'm not loving, just to keep it real:

  • That I haven't had the cash to chip in (yet) to the 6 fundraisers for people I actually know & like.  Real people, real friends, not random faceless organizations.  
  • Nor have I bought that shower gift, my brother's birthday/graduation gift, or sent flowers to the 5 people to whom I should send flowers.  
  • That after Friday's whopping 2.5 miles I spent all weekend hobbling around, cursing my feet & middle age.
  • The aforementioned ass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment