Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hidden Joys.

I remember reading this a while back & forwarded it around, but it was just re-posted elsewhere and made me all weepy again  (lest you think I'm only a cold hearted paper pusher).  An antidote to all the miseries of the world I shield my psyche from by no longer watching the news (or L&O: SVU).

It's long but READ IT.  (I linked twice!)  Read the bits about the kids.  And about hidden beauty (in places like my little girl's face).  I can only recommend 1-2 other bits of written work so completely unreservedly.  Things like this is what makes it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I love that. Did you read his book? collected articles, I think it's even called The Fiddler In the Subway. All good, even that car seat one. Which is heartbreaking and you might want to avoid, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you already read the book. Think the article your talking about is 'Fatal Distraction' and, um, am going to pass. Though, inexplicably, want to buy McCracken's book, "An Exact Replica...". Why would I do that? And why one but not the other - I don't even make sense to myself. Did you read Half Baked? Huge thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete