Friday, February 18, 2011

Baffling

My sister sent me this link:  http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/12/chase-britton-boy-without-a-cerebellum-baffles-doctors/

Three quick thoughts -

First is the mom's comment, "He's got so much love around him. We're an extremely happy family. His story is not tragic." 

How familiar are those lines?  Different set of issues, same feelings.  Defiance might not be the right word, not pride... maybe I just hear a tinge of my own frustration in what she said, in trying to explain something that should be very simple but inexplicably isn't.

Second is the very next line in the story:  But to an outsider, the Brittons' story might seem heartbreaking.  On second thought, I don't think that requires any comment.  But I guess I'm not really an outsider.

Last?  How much fun does that sensory room sound like?

No comments:

Post a Comment