Other things that are making me happy:
- I ran 2.5 miles on Friday & another 2 this morning.
- It finally cooled off, making my morning runs less sauna-like, and more crisp fall, damn-I'm-glad-to-be-alive-like.
- That self congratulatory feeling I get when I get my ass out of bed and go running before work.
- The Boy and his friend finally tired of Minecraft during Saturday's sleepover… and pulled out a chess set.
- Bedtime stories and sibling pix.
Things I'm not loving, just to keep it real:
- That I haven't had the cash to chip in (yet) to the 6 fundraisers for people I actually know & like. Real people, real friends, not random faceless organizations.
- Nor have I bought that shower gift, my brother's birthday/graduation gift, or sent flowers to the 5 people to whom I should send flowers.
- That after Friday's whopping 2.5 miles I spent all weekend hobbling around, cursing my feet & middle age.
- The aforementioned ass.